Keep in mind that the name of these nations are translated from japanese so the translation of names may be incorrect or differ from place to place
The Youjo Senki series has several nations present in the story, which are mostly located in Europe.
Empire 帝国 Edit
Main Article: Empire
The Empire is the nation most of the story has taken place in so far, and it is the nation our main character Tanya Degurechaff, lives in. The Empire is noted for having a very strong military, and it is currently at war with several of its neighbouring countries.
Legadonia Federation レガドニア協商連合 Edit
Main article: Legadonia Federation
The Legadonia Federation is one of the Empire's enemy nations, and is located over the northern border, with the area of Norden being contested between the Federation and the Empire.
A long time before the events of Youjo Senki occur, the Empire and the Federation had an unofficial dispute over the drawing of the national border, and nowadays after garrisons from both nations misfired accidentally the firefights broke out because of some misunderstanding.
Border area of Norden is where Tanya Degurechaff officially fought for the first time and also where she awarded the Silver Wings Assault medal, the highest military decoration given by the Empire.
Francois Republic フランソワ共和国 Edit
Main article: Francois Republic
The Francois Republic is one of the Empire's enemy nations and borders the Empire to the west.
The Republic had launched a surprise attack while the Empire was focused on the war against the Legadonia Federation and had occupied part of the Empire's Rhine.
In the Rhine battlefront Tanya Degurechaff was registered in the databases of the Francois Republic and became the "Devil of Rhine"; there she was regarded, after reaching the 50th confirmed shooting down, as an Ace of Aces.
It was during Tanya's tenure here, as leader of Platoon 3 she met for the first time Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov, who became her first subordinate.
United Kingdom/ Allied Kingdom(anime) (連合王国?) Edit
Main article: United Kingdom
- This country's history status is similar to the British Empire in World War I. In order to deny the birth of hegemonic nation in the continent, it formed the united front against the Empire with other great powers, encircling the Empire to achieve a balance in power. However, it seems that the nation, in the beginning of the conflict, has not yet a direct role(envoy of troops and such) in the continental conflict, thus it constantly give supplies to the Republic.
Dakia Grand Duchy ダキア大公国 Edit
Main article: Dakia Grand Duchy
- This country's history status was "inspired" by the Kingdom of Romania in World War I. For the sake of taxing the empires Internal mobilization strategy, it declared war on Empire and opened the third front, hoping they could force empire forces from the Rhine battlefront and by doing that force the Empire to hold peace talks. However, this proved deeply wrong, since it had not developed yet any proper mage academy, and did not had any effective counter-air defence strategy, using infantry tactics typical of the previous century. Being useless against World War military tactics, these finally led to the destruction of the Invasion force three full-armed division(600,000 men) and its military–industrial complex inside its capital. (Note: the anime nerfed Romania completely)
Ildoa Kingdom イルドア王国 Edit
Main article: Ildoa Kingdom
- This country's history status is similar to the Kingdom of Italy in World War I. Despite the Republic's exhortations for joining to the Allies, it formed an alliance with the Empire, maintaining its neutrality in the beginning of this war and focusing its attention on expanding its colonial influence in Africa and Aegean Sea.
Rus' Union/ Russy Federation(anime) (ルーシー連邦?) Edit
Main article: Rus Union
- This country's history status is similar to the Soviet Union. Its former imperial government was the main allied of the Republic against the Empire, but the nation changed side after a revolution, which led to the birth of the new communist government and forced Republic to mainly rely on the Legedonia Alliance. The new government signed a nonaggression pact and other treaties with Empire, and kept its neutrality in the beginning of this war.
Unified States of America 合州国 Edit
Main article: Unified States of America
- This country's history status is similar to the United States in World War I. It is the creditor to most of the belligerents in this war. Its policy tended to keep its neutrality for the sake of commercial interests.
Akitsukushima Empire 秋津島皇国Edit
Main article: Akitsukushima Empire
- This country's history status is similar to the Empire of Japan in 1900s. It had an official dispute with the Rus' Union over the drawing of the national border.