|Kurt von Rudersdorf|
|Full Name||Kurt von Rudersdorf|
|Novel||Chapter 1 The Sky In Norden (Vol. 1)|
|Manga||Chapter 5 The Watch/Guard On The Rhine (Vol. 1)|
|Anime||Episode 1 The Devil of the Rhine|
Kurt von Rudersdorf a.k.a. Rudelsdorf is a staff officer in the Empire's army, currently serving as the Deputy Chief of Operations.
He has dark grayish hair and a moustache. He wears his officer uniform during meetings and he is always seen smoking a cigar.
He is a clever and energetic resolute. He is also a critical thinker and always considers the possibilities in his surroundings. He always acts calm and disciplined in general assembly and official meetings, while having the courage to take high risks in high-reward way at the same time.
He first debuted as a talented staff officer attending a military conference. Here Zettour and he lodged the strong objection, opposing launching a major offensive against Legadonia. Unfortunately, they failed at last.
After the Republic Army invaded the Empire, many of the staff officers within General Staff that supported the plan to launch the attack were replaced and demoted. Rudersdorf was assigned to the Deputy Chief of Operations. One day, he received the thesis named "The form of the current war and prediction on its development" from Zettour, and gave it to Rerugen after reading it.
During the war against the Grand Duchy of Dacia, he brought out to full display the power of maneuver warfare, actively demonstrating his skills through coordinating the battle. Due to this achievement, he was promoted to Major General. C.E 1924 October 23, he had his dinner with Zettour in Imperial General Staff (Army) First Dining Hall. Here Zettour suggested him attack Osfjord, and gave Rudersdorf his consent to utilize 203rd Aerial Mage Battalion in Northern Theater.
November 16, He attended the conference of Northern Front, discussing about the next step of North Front. He drafted an airborne and amphibious operation plan, and reached a consensus of a winter offensive with Northern Front. The invasion of Osfjord was planned by him and got great success in November 30.
C.E 1925 April 28, in the Army Strategic HQ joint conference, he supported Zettour's suggestion, and showed his astonishing operation plan to General Staff. May 4, he proposed General Staff an operation plan to promptly resolve the rebellion in Arene. August 24, he had his dinner with Zettour in the First Dining Hall. They congratulated each other on their promotion to Lieutenant General, and discussed the situation and dilemma the Empire had to deal with.
- His name is reference to Erich von Ludendorff , a notable known German general during World War I, responsible for several victories in the eastern front and the adoption of deep defense doctrine. However, his character seems a mixture between Ludendorff and Hindenburg.
- He had ever been criticized to be ‘quick witted and full of drive, but has the tendency of being delusional’ by the judge of Imperial War College Selection Review Conference.
- ↑ LN: The Finest Hour - Chapter V Internal affairs
- ↑ LN: Plus Ultra - Chapter I The Dacian War; Anime: Episode 6 Beginning of Madness
- ↑ LN: Deus lo vult - Chapter I The Sky In Norden; Anime: Episode 1 The Devil of the Rhine
- ↑ Deus lo vult - Chapter I The Sky In Norden
- ↑ Plus Ultra - Chapter V The Rhine's demon
- ↑ Plus Ultra - Chapter VI Ordeal of fire
- ↑ The finest hour - Chapter V Internal affairs